- Simmer a pot of water on the stove. Then add a splash of vinegar. (For those wanting to be technical 50mls vinegar to 1 lt of water)
- Bring water to the boil. For those new to cooking that means you want the water to have big bubbles. The key to this process is the water needs to be moving.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl.
- Hold the small bowl just above the water and quickly (but gently) slide the egg into the boiling water
- It will take 2 mins to cook
- Remove the egg from the water using a slotted spoon and place onto paper towel
- Let the water drain off and serve
Poached eggs are healthy, delicious and simple once you’ve had practice. Add then to crunchy sourdough, avocado or even a beautiful fresh salad. Season with herbs, sea salt and cracked pepper yum!